Yesterday Marco and I went out for a walk due to the nice weather. We had no idea where we were going, but somehow we randomly ended up at a carnival being held near Buitenhof. De Haagse Koninginnekermis Kermis (The Hague queen’s carnival, for Queen Beatrix). There was a lot of people there due to the nice weather and it being a Sunday.
advertisment for the carnival, through May 5
rules for the carnival
1. No bikes or scooters on the carnival grounds.
2. Make use of the toilet facilities on the grounds.
3. No alcohol on the grounds, only in designated areas.
4. No drug use or selling on the carnival grounds.
5. No dangerous weapons or worn weapons
6. Deposit your trash in the trashcans present
7. If you see someone needs help, stay (by them) and call 112 (i.e. 911)
8. Always follow the instructions listed on the rides
9. Think of the environment
go fish at a Dutch carnival
Iedereen altijd prijs = Everyone always (wins) a prize.
I get dizzy just looking up at this (very high) spinning ride. It goes in circles, with riders at each ends. Sometimes flips.
Just pretend you’re on the spinning tea cups…
Water, water, everywhere. But you’ll stay dry. Lie down and relax in this giant bubble of a ride.