Let me paint a picture for you. In the Netherlands you will see this pattern frequently:
- commercial #1 (normal length)
- commercial #2 (normal length)
- commercial #3 is the first commercial, reprised; shorter, about 5-7 seconds
I will admit that I have gotten used to this oddity. But a few days ago I found myself in a confusing situation.
- commercial #1: Iglo spinach commercial
- commercial #2: Dr. Oetker brownies commercial
- commercial #3: a few more seconds of spinach
- commercial #4: a few more seconds of brownies… and now I’m just feeling confused and slightly put off by the thought of making brownies. Ew.
Side note #1: I don’t think I liked spinach as a kid. But as an adult I like spinach, and enjoy having it every month or two. My favorite is deep freeze cream spinach, since it’s hard to clean fresh spinach.
Sie note #2: I have been in the Netherlands too long. I can easily type spinazie, the Dutch translation, but need to Google the English and triple check it to make sure I am spelling “spinach” right. Hmm. It still looks wrong.