It’s been quite a random zaterdag (Saturday) already.
1. Shoprite trip — for random items including shaved steak and a refill on my flossers. You can buy packages with like 30 flossing heads in them. A bit of a panic for that, since I couldn’t find it right away. I hated flossing until I found these things (they look like a toothbrush) because it is the only thing that could easily floss my teeth.
2. Trip to the library to return 1Q84, which was a whopping 925 pages long and I never really opened. It’s by Haruki Murakami, one of my favorite authors. My favorite book, Kafka on the Shore (English version) is set in a small town library. I really should have picked out something shorter.
3. Put holds on two books in nearby libraries. Culture and customs of the Netherlands and My ‘Dam Life. I am grabbing the second one with some reservations, since most of the reviews weren’t that good. But libraries are free, so what the heck. I did enjoy The UnDutchables when I read it a few years ago, even if it is biased and exaggerated.
Why did I put holds on two books? I have a 4 day weekend coming up (Friday vacation, Monday is Memorial Day) and I figured in theory I might be bored and in the mood to read.
5. For a late Mother’s Day present I got my mom a downloadable version of King’s Quest (4, 5, 6) from gog.com. I have never used them before but she was able to download it and check out all 3 games. It was only $10 – worth it for 3 games that play on Windows 7.
6. Watched the NY Rangers beat the Devils, 3-0. Woot. They now lead the series 2-1. The coolest thing that came out of this game was Delta airline’s offer to fly Rangers fans from LaGuardia to Newark Airport for the game (a 17 minute flight). I wonder if they served drinks…